Evio Beauty Group is a multi-award winning impact-led, clean beauty brand on a mission to break stigmas while bringing awareness to important social issues with inclusive, good-for-you beauty products.
We’re looking for an open and entrepreneurial-minded Community Manager to join our marketing team to lead sustainable growth and impact within our Evio community both on and off line.
About the Role
Do you enjoy engaging in meaningful conversations? Are you passionate about social change? Are you high energy and love the beauty industry? We’re looking for someone like you for our Community Manager role.
The Community Manager will lead and participate in community conversations with existing and potential customers. This person will have strong listening skills with the ability to execute community initiatives that matter to the millennial target we serve.
If you are a self-driven and ambitious tech-savvy professional with experience in community organizing, event planning, and social media we would love to meet you!
The role is based in Toronto, currently working a hybrid model of both in office and at home. Must be willing to work weekends and evenings for scheduled events.
Starts: September 6th, 2022
What you will do:
- Engage in conversations with existing and potential customers on and offline
- Strategize, plan, promote and execute online and in person community events + Pop-ups (Including selling Evio products)
- Organize focus groups, online and in person
- Strategize and implement online and in person community engagement initiatives.
- Develop and implement social media strategy, including executing content ideas, managing calendar, copywriting and engagement.
- Engage with followers, respond to queries (forwarding to customer service when needed) in a timely manner and monitor customer interactions.
- Implement influencer and community product seeding and affiliate program to promote the brand and maximize conversion.
- Manage targets and maintain weekly KPI reports with actionable insights in scaling the program and evaluating the highest potential partners
- Support marketing initiatives
- Champion Evio’s ethos in the office, on social media platforms and IRL
- Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- 2+ years experience in social media or community management, marketing or similar role
- Ability to discern, communicate, and uphold online community guidelines
- Experience using social media and digital savviness are both required for this role
Willing and excited to share ideas, see strategies through from idea
conception to implementation. Identify and execute changes as needed
- Creative, strategic vision combined with ability to drive projects forward
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Start-up or agency experience is preferred
- Flexibility is a must
- Social media
- Event planning
- Online forums
- Content/video creation
- Friendly personality
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
What you can expect from us:
- Bright, open office in downtown Toronto
- A passionate, collaborative, and kind team of innate learners, and access to an advisory board of industry experts
- Becoming part of a community with folks from all different walks of life
A collaborative environment where we value experimentation and
- An environment where sharing your opinion is encouraged and listened to
A fast-paced, growing start-up that prides itself in not doing things
- A great opportunity for personal and professional growth in a growing startup doing business across the US & Canada
- An “Everyone is welcome” culture that carries over from community to our workspace and hiring process. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply
- Unlimited vacation (subject to date approvals and goals)
- Product allowance
How to apply
If this sounds like a great match and a challenge you’d be excited to take on, we’d love to hear from you. Apply by submitting your application to Brandi Leifso, CEO and founder at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• A 4-6 min video explaining what you would bring to this position including;
- What social cause is near and dear to you and why?
- What does community mean to you?
- Why Evio?
Please note that although we are excited and grateful to receive everyones applications, we will not be able to respond to them all. We will only be responding to those candidates that we are interested in furthering to the interview process.
About Evio Beauty
Evio Beauty Group is a multi-award winning impact-led, clean beauty brand. Through cause based collections co-created by the community, Evio breaks stigmas while bringing awareness to important social issues with inclusive, good-for-you beauty products. Evio was founded by Leifso when she was living in a domestic violence shelter and has since donated more than $510,000 worth of products and funding to 27+ shelters across North America to help survivors of domestic violence thrive.